Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My second big experience in Iraq, though certainly not as influencing as my first. Nothing ever will , but I'll build up to that, when I can find how to talk about it to other people, meanwhile, at least enjoy this ironic but much more positive moment in my life here:

"There has been an indirect fire attack... all clear, all clear, all clear." It seems like I still hear it every other night, time after time. It's amazing how you get used to it. Even the first time, which was the first night I had even been in Iraq, walking out of a dining facility, speakers all around me bellowing out "This has been an indirect fire attack....all clear, all clear, all clear", while blackhawk helicopters flying all around me, with their massive spot lights lighting up huge pieces of the ground, looking for the terrorists that had just attacked the base. Meanwhile, I look over at another soldier who was with me and said...

"Did I miss my first mortar attack? This sucks!" and walk back to my room like nothing happened.

Stay tuned. Thinking about another massive blog either tomorrow or the next day, regarding Senator Harry Reid's threat to suddenly withdraw funds from Iraq operations, the possible damage it could do the the Army Logistical System, including harming the flow of desperately needed anti-mine vehicles, and how our 875th needs those vehicles in particular. Get ready for one heck of a speech... somebody's gotta say it.

Shumard out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web page counter
www.officedeals.info